Following up to our most recent newsletter, here's a short checklist to make sure you, as a leader, are showing up in the best way possible. That is, showing up with your strengths, vision, and passion all in alignment.
- Do I understand the things I do at work to make me feel strong?
- Am I applying my strengths to get effective results in everything that I do as a leader?
- Do I understand what matters most to me as a leader and person?
- Do I live out my own personal values in the things I do each day?
- Do I have a clear picture of my desired future - that is, who I want to be when I grow up?
- Is my vision guiding every action I take each day?
Based on our experience, if you are able to truthfully answer 3 or more of these in the affirmative, we would put you in the "above average" category of leaders. Of course the next step is to take action - as Will Rogers said, "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." But that's another post.
We have a self-scoring assessment with this and other questions about how you are showing up as a leader - and best of all, it's free. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Hey, can I have that free leadership assessment?"
Have fun, and keep your alignment up :o)